Step 3: Water Removal / Water Extraction
Water Mitigation Requires Immediate Action
The faster water damage is taken care of, the more of your property and its content we can save. Speed of work translates to you getting back to normal faster and at lower costs. Needing immediate action is why professional water damage restoration companies will always dispatch 24-hours a day, every day of the year.
SERVPRO of Amarillo understands this and has a water damage mitigation crew of technicians ready to help you right now.
Amarillo Water Removal
Removing visible water is only the first step in the restoration process. There are many other factors our water damage technicians consider, such as:
- Hidden pockets of water. Water likes to slip underneath floorboards and behind walls, and it can remain stuck there, wetting insulation and other absorbent materials. We find these pockets of water before they permanently ruin flooring, walls and cause mold growth.
- Carpet Restoration. It’s our goal to save as much of your property as possible, including carpet. If we can keep your carpet, we will lift it to extract the trapped water underneath.
- Water Damaged Furniture. Our technicians will lift furniture sitting in water to stop any further damage. It will also be dried and sanitized as needed along with your property.
Need Water Restoration Guidance?
Contact us anytime. We’re Here to Help.
Move-Out / Pack-Out
If your home requires extensive restoration or cleaning, SERVPRO of Amarillo can conduct an organized, efficient move-out to protect your belongings from further damage.
- Move-Out Service
Emergency Water Removal
Our highly trained technicians will begin the water removal process almost immediately. Depending on the amount of water, we may use powerful submersible pumps in addition to industrial strength, wet/dry vacuums. Removing most of the water helps reduce drying time and helps prevent secondary water damage and mold and bacterial growth.
- Remove Excess Water
- Use Submersible Pumps and Industrial Wet/Dry Vacuums
Inspect the Carpet Pad and Carpet
We inspect the carpet and pad and determine if they should be removed to protect the subfloor.
- Inspect Carpet Pad and Remove If Needed
- Inspect Carpet and Remove If Needed
Water Removal Equipment
- Moisture detectors, hygrometers, and other meters measure the extent of moisture saturation.
- Infrared cameras may be used to find “hidden” water behind walls and ceilings.
- Submersible and gas-powered pumps are used for continuous pumping of high-level water.
- Truck-mounted and portable extraction units perform efficient water removal.