Pet Rescue Supply Drive. Donate Today!
Pet Rescue Donation Drop-Off Locations
Donate Used Bedding to Pet Rescue Organizations
Do you have used bedding and towels? Instead of throwing them away, donate them away! We are looking for generous people willing to donate these items to help pet rescue organizations save the lives of many animals this upcoming winter season.
Your donations can make a significant impact on animal rescue organizations. These organizations work tirelessly to provide shelter, food, and medical care to animals in dire need of assistance.
But they can't do it alone.
That's why SERVPRO of Amarillo and our partners have organized a supply drive for supplies benefiting animal rescue organizations.
Will you help us?
Donations Accepted Include Used/New:
- Towels - Any Size
- Blankets/Throws - Any Size
- Pet Beds
- Pet Toys
Unopened Pet Food (In Order of Need)
- Cat Food - Dry
- Dog Food - Dry
- Cat Food - Wet
- Dog Food - Wet
Every little bit helps; even a small donation can make a big difference!
Donation Partner Drop-Off Locations
Drop off your donations at any donation partner site from today until December 15, 2023.
Yellow City Pet Supply
7710 Hillside Rd #200, Amarillo, TX 79119
Mon - Fri: 9 AM - 9 PM
Saturday: 9 AM - 6 PM
Diamond in the Ruff
2617 Wolflin Ave, Amarillo, TX 79109
Tues - Sat: 7:30 AM - 5:30 PM
2500 SW 6th Ave, Amarillo, TX 79106
Mon - Thu: 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Fri - Sun: Closed
Animal Medical Center
6201 W Amarillo Blvd, Amarillo, TX 79106
Mon - Tues: 7:30 AM - 7:00 PM
Wed - Fri: 7:30 AM - 6:00 PM
Saturday: 8:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Willow Creek Kennels
4339 St Francis Ave, Amarillo, TX 79108
Monday: 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Tuesday: 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Wed - Sat: 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Sunday: 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Hope Vet (Cadillac Vet)
10850 I-40, Amarillo, TX 79124
Mon - Fri: 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM, 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Saturday: 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Highland Park Village Housing
13300 Bandera Dr, Amarillo, TX 79111
SERVPRO of Amarillo
1301 SW 8th Ave, Amarillo, TX 79101
Mon - Fri: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Sat - Sun: Front Office Closed; Call for Emergency Assistance
SERVPRO of Amarillo will sanitize all used items before being distributed to local animal rescue organizations.
Let's come together and make a positive impact on the lives of animals.
Together, we're Here to Help®.
Tornado Damage Cleanup and Restoration
Tree fallen on top of house after high winds.
Tornadoes are one of nature’s most destructive forces. You may feel overwhelmed if your home or business has been affected by a tornado, and you're likely wondering what to do.
We recommend the following steps to start with the tornado cleanup process.
Tornado Damage Cleanup Process
- Safety first: Make sure that all people and pets on the property are safe, and watch out for any potential hazards such as broken glass or downed power lines. Do not enter portions of your property that have been structurally damaged.
- Find a safe and stable place: almost always, local government and national disaster response teams like the Red Cross rush to the tornado-damaged community to help displaced people find a temporary safe space. Contact them as quickly as possible for help if you need these services.
- Document the damage: Take pictures of all damaged areas and personal belongings. Do not risk your safety by entering structurally damaged areas. Take documentation only from locations where you can be safe.
- Contact your insurance company: As soon as possible, contact your insurance provider to begin filing a claim.
- Find an experienced disaster restoration team: Hire a qualified contractor who specializes in tornado damage cleanup, restoration, and construction.
How to Find A Tornado Damage Restoration Team
It happens to nearly every community that has experienced devastating loss -- handfuls of pop-up restoration companies show up with trucks and trailers and go door-to-door soliciting work. Nearly all will demand cash up-front to start service and some leave without doing any work or performing poorly.
Finding the right damage restoration team to help with your tornado damage is vital. We recommend you look for the following characteristics to find a legitimate company and vet them to ensure they are the right team for you.
- Look for a local company. Is anyone in or near your town who can service your property? Local companies have a local workforce, which may help them serve you faster. It's also easier to know what kind of reputation they have with other local jobs. Just as importantly, should you ever need to reach them, you know exactly where they are. Look for companies with a local address and local phone number. Do not accept companies that pretend to be local but have no verifiable address.
- Look for a full-service company that helps process insurance claims specializing in damage cleanup, restoration, and construction. Full-service companies can handle every step of your tornado restoration process. Working with just one vendor is much easier and less expensive than a handful, so most insurance agents prefer full-service restoration vendors. Click on the company's website to learn about the services they offer. Their website should be recently updated, professional, and informative.
- Look for a company to accept and help process your insurance claim. The nation's most trusted damage restoration companies are those that understand insurance and have staff dedicated to helping you process your insurance claim. They should have experience working with adjusters and insurance companies. They will help ensure your adjuster validates your claim before they start work, so you won't be stuck with an uncovered bill.
- Research the team's credentials and reputation. Does the company have good, legitimate Google Reviews? Are they an accredited member of the Better Business Bureau (BBB)? Are they part of the local Chambers of Commerce? Google the company you're considering, and it should be easy to find many different sources of information about them.
- Ask your insurance agent, adjuster, friends, family, or neighbors with restoration company experience for recommendations. You may even find a restoration company already working with a neighbor. Walk up to them and ask how their service is so far.
- Make sure the company is licensed to do business in your state/region.
Tornado Cleanup Services
Nearly every tornado-damaged property will require the same restoration steps, such as:
- Roof Tarping and Board-Up. Roof tarping is when a water-proof, thick tarp is put over your roof to protect it from further damage after a tornado. The tarp helps weather from entering your property, preventing the damage from worsening inside. A board-up is when you put boards over damaged siding, windows, and doors to prevent weather and intrusion into your property. Roof tarping and board-up are the first necessary step to mitigate damage. Sometimes, if the damage is extensive and the building is not structurally sound, performing this service may not be possible.
- Content inventory and pack-out. Contents are the things inside a property. It could be furniture, clothes, decorations, and even appliances. The contents inventory process involves cataloging everything inside a property. The inventory process involves careful documentation of each item, including photographs, video, and a description of the item's state. The inventory is completed digitally and then shared with the insurance adjuster to assess restoration or replacement costs. Along with inventorying a property's contents, a pack-out occurs simultaneously. A pack-out is when a restoration company wraps and boxes everything it's cataloged and moves it out of the property. Moving items out allows the restoration company to work inside the property safely.
- Content cleaning. An effective damage restoration company will have one or many cleaning facilities. The contents packed out of the property are transported to the cleaning facility, where they are unpacked, sanitized, and re-packed for long-term storage. If an item can't be cleaned, it's deemed unsalvageable, which is also reported to the insurance adjuster so replacement costs can be calculated.
- Textile sanitization. Expert damage restoration companies can clean all kinds of contents, including textiles (clothing, bedding, stuffed animals, etc.). Ask your restoration company if they are a certified Esporta Wash System operator. Esporta is the world's most advanced textile sanitization machine.
- Long-Term Storage. Full-service restoration companies will have their own storage locations, sometimes climate controlled, to keep your items safe while your property is being rebuilt.
- Property Cleanup and Restoration. Once all contents are out of the property, a damage restoration company will work on the property itself. This involves cleaning debris and demolition of unsalvageable structures such as damaged windows, flooring, etc. The goal of the restoration team is to salvage as much of the property as possible and prepare it for the construction team to come in after it and reconstruct only the needed parts. Restoration usually saves the homeowner thousands of dollars in claims and is the preferred method for insurance companies.
- Construction. After the restoration team is done, the construction team enters to rebuild the property back to preloss condition. A full-service damage restoration company will be able to help with every construction need your property requires.
SERVPRO® Tornado Damage Restoration Team
The SERVPRO® of Amarillo team has nearly 40 years of experience restoring properties after many kinds of disasters, including tornado damage.
- We're a local company. Our office is located in Amarillo, Texas at 1301 SW 8th Ave, Amarillo, TX 79101. Our phone number is 806-331-4555. We answer our phones 24/7 and are always easy to find.
- We travel to where people need us. Our crews travel to disaster-struck communities. We regularly help clients in Eastern New Mexico, Texas Panhandle, the Oklahoma Panhandle, and Southwest Kansas. We've completed projects in nearly every town surrounding Amarillo, plus Dalhart, Pampa, Borger, Perryton, and Canadian. In Kansas, we regularly travel to Liberal and Guymon. We regularly travel to Clovis, Portales, Tucumcari, Clayton, and Raton in New Mexico. Our team travels across the United States to assist with major disasters and losses.
- We offer full-service cleaning, restoration, and construction. Our team restores a property following a proven set of steps that we know from decades of experience works. We will first secure your property and ensure it's safe to work in and from further damage caused by weather and/or break-ins. We inventory our clients' homes, pack their contents, and take them back to our cleaning facility for sanitization and long-term storage. Then, our SERVPRO® construction team rebuilds damaged areas of the property. Finally, we move back our clients' contents.
- All insurance claims accepted. SERVPRO has many agreements with insurance companies where we provide faster service and competitive rates. Each of our clients has a dedicated Project Coordinator assigned so we can work with you and your insurance adjuster to process your claim. We verify the work your property needs is validated as part of your claim to avoid leaving you with a surprise uncovered bill.
- SERVPRO® is the nation's #1 most trusted brand in damage restoration. We are frequently the preferred choice for many families, businesses, and insurance adjusters because of our extensive experience in damage restoration.
- We're an active part of the Panhandle community. SERVPRO of Amarillo is accredited with the BBB and a member of local chambers of commerce. We support local sports teams and organizations and even offer free graffiti removal as part of a beautification process. We care about our hometown and are here to serve our neighbors in need.
- We're licensed and certified. SERVPRO® of Amarillo is a licensed local contractor, a licensed Texas state mold remediation contractor, and we're certified by the IICRC (an organization that sets the damage restoration standards) and the Esporta Wash System (textile sanitization).
Contact the SERVPRO® of Amarillo Tornado Cleanup Team
Call SERVPRO® of Amarillo at 806-331-4555 to schedule one of our experts to visit your property and guide your tornado damage restoration process. We are accepting new clients, and insurance claims are accepted.
We're Here to Help.
What Does SERVPRO Do?
SERVPRO offers cleaning, restoration, and construction.
Cleaning, Restoration, Construction
SERVPRO is a leading damage restoration company that provides many restoration services. We are the #1 most trusted brand in commercial restoration in the United States.
We have over 50 years of experience and have become experts at handling disaster situations of all sizes. We make it "Like it never even happened."
Our specialties include the following:
- Fire and Water Damage Restoration
- Mold Mitigation and Remediation
- Biohazard Cleanup and Disinfection
- HVAC/Duct Cleaning
- Commercial Services
- Carpet, Upholstery, Drapes, or Blinds Cleaning
- Odor Removal & Deodorization
- Textile Sanitization using the Esporta Wash System
Water Damage Restoration
Water damage restoration removes excess water and repairs the damage caused by flooding, leaks, or other water-related issues. This type of restoration requires specialized equipment and training, which SERVPRO has perfected over the past 50 years.
Various sources, including broken pipes, appliance malfunctions, and natural disasters, can cause water damage. Regardless of the cause, the effects of water damage can be devastating to your property and your health if left untreated.
SERVPRO's water damage restoration process includes an initial assessment to determine the extent of the damage, followed by water removal and drying of the affected areas using specialized equipment such as dehumidifiers and air movers. We also offer mold remediation services to prevent the growth of mold, which can be a dangerous consequence of water damage.
We understand the urgency of water damage restoration and offer 24/7 emergency services to ensure the damage is mitigated as quickly as possible. Our team of experts will work closely with you to create a customized restoration plan that fits your needs and budget.
Fire Damage Restoration
Fire damage restoration is the complex and specialized process of repairing and restoring properties damaged by fire. SERVPRO understands the devastation a fire can cause and is committed to helping homeowners and businesses recover from fire damage.
Fire damage restoration involves various stages, including removing charred debris and smoke residue, air purification, drying, and thoroughly cleaning all affected surfaces. The process begins with a detailed damage assessment to determine the best action. Once the extent of the damage has been ascertained, a customized restoration plan is developed and implemented.
In addition to the physical damage caused by the flames and smoke, fire-damaged properties often also have lingering unpleasant odors that must be addressed. SERVPRO's fire damage restoration team is equipped with specialized equipment and techniques to remove odors and restore your property.
Mold remediation is identifying and removing mold from an indoor environment. Mold is a fungus that grows in damp and humid conditions and can cause health issues if left untreated. It can be found in various places, including walls, ceilings, floors, and HVAC systems.
Mold can spread quickly, and its growth can be challenging to control. When mold is present in a property, it can cause structural damage to the property and decrease indoor air quality.
SERVPRO of Amarillo is a licensed Texas Mold Remediation Contractor. The mold remediation process starts with identifying the mold and the moisture source causing it to grow. Once the source is found and fixed, the mold is removed, and the affected areas are cleaned and disinfected. SERVPRO's team of experts is equipped with specialized equipment to detect and remove mold safely and effectively.
Mold remediation is not a DIY project and should only be performed by trained professionals. Removing mold without proper equipment and training can result in further spread and contamination.
SERVPRO follows strict standards and regulations the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) set forth in its mold remediation process. Our trained professionals understand the importance of safety and take all necessary precautions to protect themselves and others while working in contaminated areas.
In addition to removing mold, SERVPRO offers preventative measures to keep mold from returning. Our team can inspect and provide solutions to help prevent future mold growth.
Our construction services include various capabilities, such as reconstruction, remodeling, and renovation. Our expert team of professionals has extensive experience in every aspect of construction, from framing to finishing, and we are equipped with specialized tools and equipment to ensure that the job is done efficiently and effectively.
We take a customized and personalized approach to every construction project. Our team works closely with you to assess your needs and create a plan tailored to your specific requirements and budget. We know every property is unique, so we offer a wide range of construction services to meet your needs.
Our construction services include everything from minor repairs to large-scale remodels and renovations. Whether you need new drywall installed or an entire floor rebuilt, we have the expertise and experience to do the job right.
In addition to our construction services, we provide ongoing support and guidance throughout the project to ensure that you are involved every step of the way. Our goal is to exceed your expectations and restore your property to its preloss condition.
Disinfection is the process of eliminating harmful microorganisms from surfaces and objects to prevent the spread of disease. Disinfection is essential to ensure that the affected area is safe for occupancy during the water damage restoration and fire damage processes.
Disinfection involves using specialized chemicals and equipment to kill bacteria, viruses, and other pathogens on surfaces and in the air. The chemicals used for disinfection are chosen based on the specific type of microorganism present and the type of surface being disinfected.
At SERVPRO, we use EPA-approved disinfectants that are proven to be effective against a wide range of microorganisms, including viruses such as COVID-19. Our trained professionals wear personal protective equipment (PPE) and follow strict protocols to ensure the disinfection process is done safely and effectively.
Disinfection is essential in areas affected by water damage, as standing water can be a breeding ground for harmful bacteria and other pathogens. In addition, areas affected by fire damage can also harbor harmful contaminants in the air and on surfaces.
Biohazard cleaning, also known as biohazard remediation, removes and cleans up biological and chemical contaminants safely and effectively. Biohazardous materials include bodily fluids, blood, hazardous chemicals, and infectious diseases like HIV, hepatitis B and C, and COVID-19.
Biohazardous materials can pose a significant risk to human health, especially if not properly cleaned up and disposed of. For this reason, specialized training, equipment, and procedures are required for biohazard cleaning.
At SERVPRO, our biohazard cleanup teams are highly trained and fully equipped to handle even the most challenging biohazard cleaning situations. We use specialized cleaning agents and equipment to decontaminate the affected area thoroughly.
Our biohazard cleaning services are available for various situations, including crime scene cleanups, sewage backups, meth lab cleanups, and hoarding situations. We follow strict protocols and guidelines set forth by federal and state regulations to ensure the area is safe and free from biological and chemical contaminants.
Our team is also equipped to handle any necessary disposal procedures for biohazardous waste. We work with licensed and accredited hazardous waste disposal companies to ensure that all biohazardous materials are correctly disposed of in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
HVAC/duct cleaning removes dust, debris, and other contaminants from the air ducts and heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems. This helps to ensure optimal indoor air quality (IAQ) and can improve energy efficiency by reducing the amount of dirt collected in these systems. The process involves using specialized tools such as vacuum cleaners, blowers, brushes, and chemical foggers to clean various HVAC system components.
SERVPRO uses a four-step process that includes inspection, cleaning, sanitizing/restoration, and review. This ensures that all areas are properly cleaned while reducing airborne particulates for improved IAQ. Additionally, our technicians are trained to look out for signs of mold growth while inspecting your system during cleaning. If mold is present, they will conduct further testing to determine how best to proceed with remediation services if needed.
Our commercial services encompass a wide array of cleaning and restoration services designed to address commercial and industrial clients' unique needs. We understand that commercial facilities require specialized services to ensure the safety and well-being of employees and customers. We proudly offer a range of specialized services to meet these needs.
Our commercial services include everything from disinfection and biohazardous waste cleanup to HVAC/duct cleaning and fire damage repair. In addition to these services, we also offer emergency response and restoration services to commercial clients who have experienced a disaster or emergency. Commercial facilities are often subject to more significant damage than residential properties, and we have the expertise and equipment necessary to address these situations quickly and efficiently.
Our commercial services are available to various industries, including healthcare, hospitality, education, manufacturing, and more. We recognize that each industry has unique needs and requirements, and we are equipped to meet those needs with our specialized services.
Time is of the essence in commercial cleaning and restoration, as time lost can mean significant financial loss. For this reason, we offer 24/7 emergency response services to our commercial clients, ensuring that we are available whenever you need us most. We aim to get your facility back up and running as quickly and safely as possible, minimizing downtime and reducing the impact on your business.
Carpet and Upholstery Cleaning
Carpet and upholstery cleaning is essential to any cleaning and maintenance routine. Over time, carpets and upholstery accumulate dirt, dust, allergens, and stains that cannot be removed through regular vacuuming or cleaning. These particles can become ground in and cause damage to the fibers, leading to wear and tear and a shortened lifespan for your carpets and furniture.
At SERVPRO, we offer professional carpet and upholstery cleaning services to help protect your investment and keep your home or business looking its best. Our technicians use the latest equipment and techniques to thoroughly clean and sanitize carpets and upholstery, removing dirt, dust, and allergens deep within the fibers.
Our four-step carpet cleaning process includes inspection, pre-treatment, cleaning, and inspection again. During the inspection phase, we assess the condition of your carpets and upholstery and identify any problem areas that require special attention. We then pre-treat any stains or high-traffic areas to ensure the cleaning process is as effective as possible.
Next, we use a combination of hot water extraction and dry cleaning methods to remove dirt, dust, and other particles. Our hot water extraction method uses pressurized water and cleaning agents to penetrate deep into the fibers, breaking up dirt and other particles before they are extracted with a powerful vacuum. Our dry cleaning method uses low-moisture foam and specialized equipment to clean carpets and upholstery without excessive water, reducing the risk of mold growth and water damage.
After cleaning, our technicians inspect your carpets and upholstery again to ensure that all areas have been thoroughly cleaned and sanitized. We take pride in our attention to detail and strive for the highest customer satisfaction.
Odor Removal and Deodorization
Unpleasant odors can originate from various sources, including pets, mold, cigarette smoke, cooking, etc. These odors can be challenging to eliminate, even with regular cleaning and maintenance.
At SERVPRO, we offer professional odor removal and deodorization services to help eliminate odors at the source. Our technicians have the expertise and equipment to remove odors effectively and efficiently, leaving your facility smelling clean and fresh.
Our odor removal process begins with identifying the source of the odor. We use specialized equipment, including moisture detectors and thermal foggers, to locate the source of the odor and determine the extent of the problem. Once identified, we develop a customized plan to eliminate the odor.
Next, we use a range of techniques to remove the odor. These techniques may include air scrubbing, ozone treatment, and thermal fogging. Air scrubbing involves using air filters to remove particles from the air, including those that cause odors. Ozone treatment uses high ozone levels to oxidize organic compounds, eliminating the odor. Finally, thermal fogging involves using a heated mist to penetrate surfaces and neutralize odors.
After eliminating the odor, we deodorize the space to ensure a fresh and clean scent. Our deodorization process includes using specialized deodorizing agents that neutralize any remaining odors. We take great care to ensure that our deodorizing agents are safe for humans and the environment.
Textile sanitization eliminates harmful microorganisms, such as bacteria and viruses, from fabrics and textiles. At SERVPRO, we offer professional textile sanitization services by using the Esporta Wash System. The Esporta Wash System is a revolutionary washing technology transforming the textile restoration industry. This system is designed to remove contaminants such as bacteria, mold, and viruses from fabric and textiles, restoring them to hygienic and sanitized conditions.
The technology behind the Esporta Wash System is based on a patented hydraulic process that uses high-pressure water and specialized detergents to penetrate deep into the fibers of textiles. This process is much more effective than traditional washing methods, which often fail to remove all contaminants from fabrics and textiles.
The Esporta Wash System can clean various fabrics and textiles, including clothing, bedding, towels, and sports equipment such as hockey pads and football helmets. This versatility makes it an ideal solution for various industries, including healthcare, hospitality, and sports.
One of the key benefits of the Esporta Wash System is its ability to restore textiles that would otherwise have to be replaced. This not only saves money but also helps to reduce waste and support sustainable practices. Additionally, the system is environmentally friendly, with its non-toxic and biodegradable detergents.
The Esporta Wash System has been independently tested and proven effective at removing up to 99% of textile contaminants, making it one of the most effective textile sanitization technologies available today.
After textiles have been processed through the Esporta Wash System, our technicians dry the textiles quickly and efficiently, ensuring no damage to the material.
We also offer a final inspection to ensure the sanitization process is successful and the fabric is free from harmful microorganisms.
In addition to removing harmful microorganisms, our textile sanitization process eliminates unwanted odors, leaving your fabrics and textiles smelling fresh and clean.
Is SERVPRO Available 24/7?
Yes, SERVPRO is available 24/7 for emergency services. We're open every day of the year, including holidays.
We provide fast response times to minimize the damage and disruption caused by a disaster.
What Makes SERVPRO Different from Other Restoration Companies?
- 50+ years of experience.
- All Insurance Claims are Accepted, for 100% of the Claim, Including Construction
- We travel and handle the largest jobs in the country.
- Most Certified Staff, Most Equipment, Proprietary Chemicals, Most Resources
- SERVPRO University is the damage industry's leading training program.
- SERVPRO of Amarillo is Esporta Certified.
SERVPRO was founded in 1967. With over 50 years of experience, SERVPRO has become a leader in the restoration industry. SERVPRO franchises are independently owned and operated, and SERVPRO of Amarillo is owned and operated by Michael and Lily Weaver. The Weaver family has nearly 40 years of experience alone, making them one of the country's longest-tenured and most experienced operators.
SERVPRO of Amarillo accepts all insurance claims. We have decades of experience working directly with insurance adjusters to help our clients navigate the insurance process to receive the necessary compensation to wholly and correctly restore their damaged homes and businesses. Our restoration process covers every area of restoration that is needed, including construction services.
SERVPRO has many agreements with the nation's leading insurance carriers, so we provide a smooth customer experience for our clients. Our company's insurance industry knowledge is a leading reason why many insurance adjusters prefer to work with SERVPRO.
SERVPRO has a small number of franchisees in the United States that are dedicated to National Response Teams. SERVPRO of Amarillo is a part of this elite group of franchises. We are vetted to respond and travel anywhere in the United States to respond to the nation's most significant restoration projects. Our team regularly travels to where we are called, and we don't turn down calls for help. We also travel each year to help communities damaged by natural disasters. We have responded to major hurricanes, Derechos, and wildfires. We have a trained meteorologist on staff to help us know where to make the most impact.
SERVPRO of Amarillo technicians are extensively trained and have backup when needed. In a matter of hours, we can double, triple, and even grow our certified technician staff 10x to respond to significant Amarillo disaster events. With technicians come resources--thousands of equipment, including some of the country's largest-scale equipment.
No restoration company can come close to the resource capacity that SERVPRO has daily.
SERVPRO also has proprietary chemicals designed by SERVPRO chemists to serve our customers.
SERVPRO University is the damage restoration's most advanced training program and curriculum. Our entire staff begins training with SERVPRO University and has independent training and certification by the IICRC.
SERVPRO of Amarillo is also one of a handful of franchises in the nation certified to operate the Esporta Wash System, which allows us to disinfect textiles after category three water damage, fire and fire and soot damage, and mold infestation. The Esporta machine is a highly specialized piece of equipment that gives us the highest rate of textile restoration success, easily beating dry cleaning.
Does SERVPRO Accept Insurance Claims?
Yes, SERVPRO of Amarillo accepts insurance claims. We regularly work with insurance companies and adjusters to ensure our clients' damage restoration claims are processed.
Each of our clients is assigned a dedicated Project Coordinator. Their job is to guide our clients through every step of the restoration process, including their insurance claims.
We have processed thousands of insurance claims in our 40+ years of personal experience in the field.
Does SERVPRO Offer Construction?
Yes, SERVPRO of Amarillo offers construction services. Our construction services can be a part of your restoration insurance claim or standalone.
How is SERVPRO Staff Trained?
SERVPRO prides itself on having the industry's most highly trained team of restoration specialists. Our staff undergoes extensive training through SERVPRO University, the damage industry-leading training program. The SERVPRO University curriculum covers every part of our business, including
- water and damage restoration
- cleaning and disinfection
- safety training
- customer service
Our technicians are also trained mold remediation workers. SERVPRO of Amarillo is a Texas-licensed mold remediation contractor with nearly two decades of experience in mold removal.
We also send our technicians to learn and be certified by the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC), an independent body. Most staff members have multiple IICRC certifications, and everyone undergoes yearly continuing education classes.
Our training program is designed to ensure that our staff has the knowledge and skills necessary to handle any disaster. We cover the latest techniques and technologies for cleaning, restoration, and construction, as well as safety protocol and industry standards.
Our team is also trained to work with proprietary chemicals specially formulated for maximum effectiveness in disaster restoration situations. We use state-of-the-art equipment to ensure the most efficient and effective cleanup and restoration possible.
In addition to technical training, we also prioritize customer service and communication skills. Our staff is trained to be empathetic and understanding during difficult times and communicate effectively with customers and insurance adjusters.
Where Areas Does SERVPRO of Amarillo Service?
SERVPRO of Amarillo services Amarillo, the Panhandle, and all surrounding communities, including New Mexico, Oklahoma, Kansas, and Colorado.
Our team regularly travels to where we are called nationwide.
Who Owns SERVPRO of Amarillo?
Michael and Lily Weaver own SERVPRO of Amarillo. The Weaver family is one of SERVPRO's longest-tenured and respected SERVPRO franchisees in Texas, with nearly 40 years of experience.
SERVPRO of Amarillo is part of the local chambers of commerce, the Better Business Bureau. We sponsor the Amarillo Wranglers and Sod Poodles and support many local organizations through charitable giving and complimentary cleaning services through its SERV Amarillo program.
Handling Fire Damage in Amarillo
SERVPRO of Amarillo is ready to help with your fire damage restoration. Call for a consultation. All insurance is accepted.
A fire can strike in the blink of an eye, leaving behind devastating damage and destruction. After such a tragic event, figuring out where to start can be overwhelming.
How Do Firefighters Put Out a Fire?
A firefighter's main priority is ensuring the safety of individuals on the affected property. After completing any necessary rescues, their primary focus is to prevent further damage from occurring. This may involve employing various firefighting methods, which could include:
- Utilizing fire hoses to extinguish flames
- Spraying foam and water on different areas of the building to contain the fire
- Cutting holes in walls or roofs to enable smoke and heat to escape
- Searching for pockets of fire using thermal imaging cameras
- Ventilating toxic smoke from the building
Firefighters are trained to respond promptly to any emergency, and their work can help prevent further loss or destruction of property.
During a firefighting effort, firefighters use large amounts of water to extinguish flames and prevent the fire from spreading. A fire hose can deliver up to 100 gallons of water per minute, depending on the size and intensity of the blaze and the type of building and firefighting technique employed. In some cases, water pressure may need to be increased to ensure it reaches high-rise buildings.
In addition to water, firefighters may also use foam to suppress fires. The foam tends to be more effective than water in certain situations, such as fires involving flammable liquids or gases.
Using water and foam during firefighting can cause significant damage to buildings, even after a fire has been extinguished. Water can seep into floors, walls, and ceilings, causing structural damage and promoting the growth of mold and mildew. Foam can leave a residue that must be cleaned to avoid damaging surfaces.
Therefore, extensive damage restoration, including water restoration, is often necessary after a fire. Properties damaged by fire will likely need mold remediation if left alone for too long. It is strongly recommended to seek professional assistance from an experienced fire restoration company to ensure the proper and safe restoration of any affected property.
What Does a Fire Damage Restoration Company Do?
The goal of damage restoration companies is to secure the property to stop further damage, followed by cleaning, restoring, and reconstructing the property to its pre-fire condition. During extensive restoration work, homeowners may need to file a property insurance claim, which a professional Amarillo fire damage restoration company can handle.
The Fire Damage Restoration Process
The process of fire restoration involves several critical steps to ensure that your property and your life can gradually return to normalcy.
Following emergency response clearance of your property, you must seek the services of a professional fire damage restoration company in Amarillo. These experts will typically follow these steps to restore your property.
1. Helping homeowners file an insurance claim is usually the first order of business.
Although necessary, filing an insurance claim can be complex, time-consuming, and confusing, particularly for homeowners who have recently experienced a devastating fire and are already experiencing overwhelming emotions. A reliable fire damage restoration company can help guide and support homeowners through the claim process and provide necessary assistance.
Sometimes, the insurance company may send an adjuster to inspect the damage first-hand. In such cases, the restoration company would work closely with the adjuster to provide access to the damaged items and answer any queries about the restoration process.
Documenting damages is the first step in filing an insurance claim. A reputable fire damage restoration company will carefully report every aspect of the damage resulting from the fire, including any structural damage, personal belongings, and other items affected by the fire. This step is crucial for the insurance adjuster to assess the damages and determine an appropriate compensation amount.
A professional fire damage restoration company deals with the critical cleanup and restoration processes and handles all communication with the homeowner's insurance company throughout the insurance claim procedure. Additionally, their communication goes beyond submitting documentation and estimates, negotiating on the homeowner's behalf, and providing extra information required by the insurance adjuster.
Working with an experienced and reputable fire damage restoration company will ensure homeowners receive fair and timely compensation. These companies have established credibility and proficiency in dealing with different insurance companies policies and adjusters, which ultimately allows them to navigate the insurance claim process more efficiently and with the homeowner's best interests in mind.
The best restoration companies offer more than just repairs and aid to make the homeowner feel more comfortable by constantly updating them about the claim's progress.
2. The restoration company will assess the damages and secure the property.
Securing the property to prevent further damage is essential after a fire. Restoration companies should take the necessary precautions to ensure the property is safe and secure before restoration work begins. The property's structural integrity will be assessed, and the walls, roofs, windows, and doors will be checked for any damage. If any of these elements have been compromised, they will be boarded up and sealed to prevent rain or debris from entering the building.
Before restoration work can begin, a restoration company must check the electrical and gas systems to ensure the fire doesn't damage them. If either system is damaged, the restoration company must shut off the power and gas supply to prevent further accidents.
In addition, restoration companies will also install temporary lighting and heating systems to provide a safe working environment for their technicians. This is essential for ensuring a proper and thorough restoration process.
To provide complete and effective restoration services after a fire, a certified technician needs to assess the extent of the damage caused by the fire, smoke, and water. To begin the assessment process, a visual inspection of the entire property will be conducted to determine the harm caused by direct flames. The review will include checking the structural elements, such as walls, floors, and ceilings, and assessing the extent of the damage they sustained.
Since smoke damage can be much more extensive than the actual flames, the technician will also pay close attention to any traces of smoke damage. Smoke and soot particles can penetrate surfaces deeply and cause long-term damage and odors if not treated promptly.
Specialized equipment, including thermal imaging cameras, will be used to locate hidden damage caused by the fire, particularly those affected by water. Moisture and mold growth after a fire are expected due to the high moisture levels and lack of ventilation. The restoration crew can also test the air quality to ensure the property is safe.
Water damage is a common problem after a fire due to the water firefighters use to put out the flames. The restoration company will use high-powered pumps to extract any standing water from the property to address this. They will also set up dehumidifiers and air movers to dry the property and prevent mold growth.
Finally, to ensure the safety and security of the property, the restoration company will install temporary fencing and security cameras to deter any unauthorized access, vandalism, or theft. These security measures are necessary for a thorough restoration process.
After the assessment, a fire damage restoration plan tailored to the specific situation will be created. The program will create an itemized breakdown and budget of the steps needed to restore the property to its pre-fire condition and mitigate further damage.
3. The restoration company will provide an estimate for repairing the damages needed to restore your property to its pre-fire condition.
A comprehensive estimate submitted to the insurance company determines the policyholder's compensation amount.
Many damage restoration companies will only perform cleaning and restoration work, but fire damages almost always involve reconstruction services. Make sure to choose a full-service fire damage restoration company that can help you process 100% of your fire restoration needs. Working with just one company will minimize your property's restoration costs and time.
4. After the insurance company has determined the compensation amount, the professional restoration team goes to work repairing any damaged areas of the house.
Such areas typically include:
- Removal of asbestos or lead in affected areas
- Moving services
- Content cleaning and textile sanitization
- Smoke damage repairs
- Water Damage Repairs
- Construction to Repair any Structural Damage
Restoring your home to its initial condition is crucial, supposing it's beneficial for your overall well-being and successful claims with your insurance company.
The restoration company must remove any hazardous materials, such as asbestos or lead, from the property before any restoration work begins. With the necessary equipment and expertise, the restoration company will remove these materials safely and efficiently.
After a fire, a restoration company is expertly equipped to address the removal of debris, smoke, and soot. They use specialized equipment and techniques to ensure that the property is immaculate and safe for occupancy. The first step in the debris removal process is to assess the damage and determine which materials can be saved and which need to be disposed of. The restoration company will use heavy-duty equipment, such as bulldozers and excavators, to remove large amounts of debris and rubble from the property. They will also use hand tools and vacuums to clean up smaller debris.
To ensure a smoother process, the restoration company may use several approaches to report the damaged items to the insurance adjuster. Firstly, they would take inventory of all damaged items, noting the type and extent of damage incurred. They make a detailed list of all damaged items, estimated value, and replacement costs to aid the adjuster in determining the exact coverage of the policy. This comprehensive inventory list would typically include all the items affected by the fire.
Apart from the inventory, the restoration company would work closely with the insurance adjuster to provide any additional documentation or information needed. This may include pictures of the damaged items, receipts or invoices for repair or replacement costs, and any other paperwork necessary for the claims process to proceed without any glitches.
A reputable restoration company will move all damaged items inside the property to a content restoration facility. From there, a highly trained technician will sort through the items to determine which ones can be restored and which must be disposed of.
The restoration company will use specialized packaging materials like bubble wrap, packing peanuts, and furniture covers to protect the salvageable items during transit. After the items are packed and labeled, they will be carefully loaded onto moving trucks and taken to the content restoration facility.
Once the items arrive at the facility, they will be inspected for any remaining damage. The restoration company will use advanced equipment and techniques to remove all traces of smoke, soot, and water damage. For more demanding jobs, specialized equipment like ultrasonic machines and an Esporta Wash System will be brought in for the best results.
After the items have been restored to their pre-fire condition and thoroughly inspected, they will be repacked and labeled for transport back to the property. The restoration company will ensure that each item is returned to its proper location in the property and will work with the homeowner to ensure their complete satisfaction with the restoration process.
The restoration company will employ a combination of techniques to remove smoke and soot from the property. This is because smoke and soot can penetrate deep into porous materials like carpeting, upholstery, and drywall. Their techniques include dry cleaning, wet cleaning, soda blasting, and thermal fogging.
Dry cleaning encompasses dry sponges or chemical cleaning agents to remove loose soot and smoke residue from surfaces. On the other hand, wet cleaning involves using water or cleaning solutions to remove more stubborn soot and smoke residue from surfaces. Soda blasting is another technique that utilizes baking soda to blast away smoke and soot from surfaces, and this technique is effective for brick, stone, and other hard surfaces.
Thermal fogging uses a specialized machine that creates a deodorizing fog of solution. It penetrates deep into porous materials to neutralize smoke odors. This solution can penetrate porous materials, including every crevice and surface, to neutralize smoke odors. The answer is a combination of chemicals that bind to the odor molecules and neutralize them.
Another technique used by restoration companies to remove odors is ozone treatment. An ozone generator creates ozone, a gas that can neutralize odors. The ozone generator is placed in the affected area, and the ozone circulates for some time. The gas reacts with the odor molecules, neutralizing them and breaking them into non-harmful compounds. While ozone treatment is effective, occupants should not be present during treatment, as ozone can be hazardous to human health.
In addition to thermal fogging and ozone treatment, restoration companies may use specialized cleaning agents and equipment to remove odors. Air scrubbers and HEPA filters can remove any lingering odor particles from the air, while specially formulated cleaning agents can clean and sanitize affected surfaces. A thorough inspection ensures the property is spotless and safe for occupancy. A plan for necessary repairs or renovations can then be developed with the property's owner.
If the structural components are partially damaged, repair procedures involve reinforcing them using different techniques, such as applying structural steel beams to support weakened walls and floors. In some cases, restorers may use epoxy or other specialized bonding agents to attach new components to the existing ones.
However, in cases where the components are completely damaged, the restoration company will need to remove and replace them with new materials. This often entails cutting out damaged sections of walls and floors and replacing them with new materials such as drywall or flooring. Restorers will also replace any damaged electrical or plumbing fixtures and install insulation and soundproof materials where necessary.
Ensuring the repair work aligns with local building codes and regulations is essential after a fire. As a result, restoring companies must obtain any necessary permits and undergo inspections to meet all the applicable regulatory requirements.
Furthermore, the restoration company should also install fire-resistant materials to prevent future fire outbreaks. These materials may include fire-resistant drywall, insulation, and wiring to minimize the risk of fire spread. Overall, taking these measures ensures the safety and longevity of the restored property.
How Long Does Fire Damage Restoration Take?
The duration of the fire restoration process largely depends on the scale and intensity of the fire damage. Generally, restorations can take between a few weeks to several months to complete.
If wildfires have seriously impacted your area, delays are likely to occur as fire restoration companies and insurance adjusters work to assist many affected families and businesses. In such situations, it is crucial to remain patient and cooperate with the companies and adjusters as they work towards helping everyone in need.
Hiring the Best Fire Damage Restoration Company
Selecting the right fire damage restoration company is crucial to ensure a satisfactory outcome. It is essential to choose a company with the experience and necessary skill set to handle the unique challenges of fire damage restoration.
To make an informed decision when hiring an Amarillo fire restoration company, you should look for the following traits:
Response Time: When it comes to fire damage restoration, time is of the essence. The longer you wait to initiate the restoration process, the greater the risk of secondary damage. It would help if you considered choosing a professional restoration company that understands the urgency of restoring your property quickly and efficiently. They will arrive on the scene promptly, secure the area, and start the restoration process immediately.
Insurance Claim Processing: Another essential factor to consider when hiring a restoration company is whether they can assist with filing insurance claims. Check if the company can communicate with your insurer and report any damaged items, such as furniture and appliances. This step is crucial, and a good fire damage restoration company will have no issue providing proof of items that need replacement to your insurance adjuster. The best restoration companies usually offer an experienced Project Coordinator who will guide you through filing an insurance claim, ensuring that all necessary steps are taken to maximize coverage. They will also communicate with your insurance adjuster to give you the best chance of a positive outcome. Moreover, these companies will have pre-existing contracts with top insurance companies to help make your claim process smoother. They will work with you and your insurance company to determine the most cost-effective way to restore your property.
Extent of Damage Assessment: Ensure the fire damage company has extensive knowledge in assessing the extent of damage from smoke, soot, water, and other elements. A professional fire restoration company will have the right equipment and expertise to accurately evaluate the damage's extent. With their advanced technology and skill set, they can provide an accurate estimate of the cost and duration of the restoration project. To determine the best approach, they should also offer a detailed assessment that includes what parts of the property have been affected, the kind of damage sustained, and how far it has spread.
Cleaning & Restoration Experience: Make sure the company you choose has experience in cleaning and restoring your specific type of property and affected content. They should have the expertise to identify hidden damage that could cause further problems, such as water damage that could lead to mold growth. It's also essential to verify that the technicians and managers assigned to help have relevant experience and certifications, preferably from the IICRC.
Safety with Professional Tools and Equipment: Safety is another crucial aspect. Fire damage often leaves behind hazardous materials, such as asbestos and lead-based paint, requiring specialized handling. The best fire restoration companies have undergone proper training and invest in the equipment to handle hazardous materials safely. This ensures that your property is safe from any dangerous materials after restoration.
Structural Component Repairs: Verify if the company offers structural repairs like walls, floors, ceilings, etc. Construction will almost always be a significant part of fire damage restoration, and the restoration company you hire should have a construction department or division. These professionals should also have a Project Coordinator to help process your insurance claim.
Content Storing & Return Services:
- Confirm whether or not they will store contents offsite (in their facilities) while doing repair work.
- Ask to understand how their cleaning process works. The top-of-the-line fire damage restoration companies will have advanced technology to clean your contents, such as an ultrasonic machine and an Esporta Wash System.
- Ensure they return all restored items to you when work is complete.
Securing Your Property. A professional restoration company should secure your property against further damage and debris removal caused by the firefighting effort. Services like roof tarping and board-up will help guarantee safety and prevent further loss.
Construction. Verify the fire damage restoration company you choose can also handle the reconstruction portion of your project and that they will work with your insurance adjuster to ensure this is part of your claim.
Hiring the best fire damage restoration company can play a significant role in getting your life back on track after a fire incident.
SERVPRO of Amarillo's Professional Fire Damage Restoration Process
SERVPRO of Amarillo is a premier fire damage restoration company serving Amarillo and surrounding areas. Our franchise is owned and operated by one of Texas' longest-existing SERVPRO franchisees, boasting nearly 40 years of experience in the damage restoration industry.
We offer a comprehensive approach to fire damage restoration, ensuring that every aspect of the restoration process is handled efficiently and effectively. Our extensive knowledge in assessing the extent of damage caused by fire, smoke, soot, and water guarantees that we provide precise estimates of the duration and cost of each restoration project.
SERVPRO of Amarillo uses the most advanced equipment available in the industry, and our technicians undergo extensive training, receiving certifications from both the IICRC and SERVPRO University. With the right equipment, tools, and expertise, we can handle hazardous materials that threaten your property during restoration.
In addition to fire damage cleaning and restoration, we offer structural repair services for walls, floors, and ceilings. Our construction division can start restoration immediately after your property is cleaned and deodorized. Your assigned Project Coordinator will work closely with the insurance adjuster to communicate your needs, ensuring a seamless reimbursement process.
At SERVPRO of Amarillo, we take pride in storing and returning your items to their pre-damaged condition. Our content storing and return services are top-of-the-line, thanks to our advanced technology, ultrasonic machines, and the Esporta Wash System for sanitizing textiles.
Rest assured that we report damaged items, such as appliances and furniture, to your insurer, facilitating a quick and seamless reimbursement process. We're also committed to securing your property from further damage and removing any debris caused by firefighting efforts.
Contact us today to receive a complimentary fire damage restoration consultation.
We're Here to Help®.
Mold Remediation: Understanding Mold Damage and How to Address It
SERVPRO of Amarillo is a licensed Texas Mold Remediation Contractor with the most certified mold workers in the Panhandle.
Mold is a fungus that grows in damp and humid environments, and it can cause severe damage to buildings and homes. Mold damage remediation is a process where mold is removed, and affected areas are restored to their pre-damaged condition.
SERVPRO of Amarillo is a licensed Texas mold remediation contractor with decades of experience. We want to help our neighbors understand mold and when to consider reaching out for professional mold removal services.
Understanding Mold Damage
Mold damage occurs when mold grows in your home or workplace. It can impact any property area, including walls, ceilings, floors, and your HVAC system. Mold growth is typically visible on surfaces in black or green spots, patches, or speckles. Mold damage can also cause a sweet and musty odor.
The impact of mold damage can be significant, and it can weaken the structure of buildings and cause wood rot, corrosion, and metal decay. Mold is notorious for spreading quickly in the right conditions. When mold spores find a moist area, they can grow and apply within as little as 24-48 hours. In some cases, mold has been known to take hold and multiply rapidly in as little as 12 hours.
The speed at which mold can spread is determined by several factors, including the amount of moisture present, the type of surface on which the mold grows, the temperature, and the humidity levels. Mold thrives in warm and humid environments but can grow in cooler temperatures as long as moisture is present.
Once mold becomes established, it can multiply and spread quickly, making addressing the issue as soon as possible imperative. If left unchecked, mold damage can cause extensive damage to your property.
Take immediate action if you suspect mold growth in your home or workplace. Due to mold's spread when left untreated, it is essential to address mold damage as quickly as possible.
Mold remediation is a specialized task that requires professional expertise. In Texas, a restoration company must be licensed. Further, each technician on-site must also be a certified mold worker for the state of Texas. Mold contractors are specially trained to understand and use specific equipment and techniques to remove mold safely and effectively.
Mold remediation typically involves six steps:
1. Assessment: The contractor will assess the extent of mold damage and determine the best course of action. A thorough assessment will help identify the scope of the mold problem and the best way to resolve it.
During the assessment phase, the mold remediation contractor will thoroughly inspect your property. They will note any visible signs of mold, moisture, and water damage on walls, ceilings, floors, and HVAC systems.
The contractor will use specialized equipment to detect moisture levels in your home or workplace. They may use a moisture meter to measure the relative humidity levels in high-risk areas, including bathrooms, kitchens, laundry rooms, and other sites prone to dampness.
The mold remediation contractor will also take air samples to determine the type and concentration of mold spores in the air.
Once the mold remediation contractor has gathered sufficient information, they will develop a remediation plan based on the extent and severity of the mold damage. The remediation plan will include the steps needed to mitigate the mold damage, including containment, removal, and disposal.
2. Containment: The contractor will isolate the area to prevent the spread of mold spores to other parts of the building. This is done by creating a physical barrier around the room with plastic sheeting. The barrier is airtight to ensure no mold spores escape the enclosed area.
To further minimize the risk of cross-contamination, the mold remediation contractor will typically use personal protective equipment when working in the containment area. This includes wearing gloves, safety goggles, and respirators to protect against mold spores.
Once the area is sealed off, the mold remediation contractor can safely remove mold-affected materials.
3. Air Filtration: In addition to the physical barrier, the mold remediation contractor may also set up a filtration system to remove mold spores from the air. Use negative air pressure to prevent the spread of mold spores further. This involves using specialized equipment to create a vacuum in the affected area and drawing air inside the containment area using a HEPA-filtered exhaust fan. This prevents mold spores from escaping the affected area and contaminating other building parts.
4. Removal: The contractor will remove all mold from surfaces, including walls, floors, and ceilings. This may include some demolition.
5. Cleaning: The contractor will clean and disinfect all surfaces to eliminate any remaining mold spores.
6. Restoration: The contractor will restore the affected area to its pre-damaged condition. This may include construction.
Different Types of Mold and Their Characteristics
Mold is a type of fungus that thrives in damp and humid environments. It comes in various shapes, sizes, and colors; these are ten common molds typically found in homes.
1. Alternaria Mold
Alternaria mold is commonly found in homes and buildings. It is a dark-colored mold that typically grows around damp areas like showers, sinks, and faucets. It has a fuzzy texture and can be recognized by its tiny and round spores.
2. Cladosporium Mold
Cladosporium mold is also commonly found in homes and buildings. It grows in damp and humid areas like basements and bathrooms. It is a greenish-black mold and has a powdery texture.
3. Aspergillus Mold
Aspergillus mold is a common indoor mold that can appear yellow, brown, white, or green. It can be found in damp and humid areas like carpets, insulation, and walls.
4. Penicillium Mold
Penicillium mold is a green or blue mold that typically grows on food, wallpaper, and carpets. It is often responsible for causing allergies and respiratory problems.
5. Stachybotrys Mold
Stachybotrys mold is a black or dark green mold that grows in damp areas with poor ventilation. It is commonly found in water-damaged homes and buildings.
6. Fusarium Mold
Fusarium mold is typically found in soil, plant debris, and damp environments. It can appear pink, white, or gray.
7. Chaetomium Mold
Chaetomium mold is a grayish-white mold that can grow in damp and poorly ventilated areas.
8. Ulocladium Mold
Ulocladium mold is a black mold that can grow on damp surfaces like walls, carpets, and insulation.
9. Aureobasidium Mold
Aureobasidium mold is a black or brown mold that can grow on wood, wallpaper, and painted surfaces.
10. Trichoderma Mold
Trichoderma mold is a green mold that typically grows on damp surfaces like wallpaper, insulation, and carpets.
Regardless of the type of mold you see, the mold remediation process remains the same, with all safety precautions put into place before any remediation is started.
Do I Need Mold Testing?
Mold testing involves taking a sample of your mold to a lab for professional analysis. While this service is available and sometimes requested, the mold remediation process can be avoided since it's the same regardless of mold type. Therefore, we do not recommend adding the cost of mold testing to your mold remediation project.
Mold Prevention Tips
Prevention is the best way to address mold damage. Here are some tips to prevent mold growth:
1. Control Moisture: Mold thrives in humid environments. Keep humidity levels in your home or workplace below 60%. In Amarillo, this will only be a problem if your property has been flooded and not been remediated, you have a poorly insulated bathroom or laundry room, or you are in a business environment where a lot of humidity is produced.
A dehumidifier is an effective tool for controlling moisture levels in your home or workplace. It works by sucking in moist air, removing the excess humidity, and then releasing the dry air into the room. This process helps to prevent mold growth and will also improve the overall air quality in your space.
Using a dehumidifier can significantly reduce the chances of mold growth. This is because the drier air created by the dehumidifier makes it much more difficult for mold spores to survive and reproduce. Additionally, running a dehumidifier can improve your space's overall air quality by reducing allergens and other irritants.
In Amarillo, where humidity levels can be relatively low, a dehumidifier might only be required in some residential settings except for those that have undergone water damage, have a leaky roof, or have poorly insulated rooms. However, in commercial spaces with a lot of water usage or where humidity levels tend to be high, such as in indoor pools or high-humidity environments, dehumidifiers are essential for controlling moisture levels and preventing mold growth.
2. Repair Leaks: Fix any leaks in your plumbing or roof as soon as possible to prevent moisture from building up. Here are some common signs that you may have a water leak:
- High Water Bills: If your water bill suddenly increases without explanation, it could indicate a leak. Check for any visible signs of water damage or moisture in your property.
- Water Stains: Water stains on walls, ceilings, or floors clearly indicate water damage. They could be a result of a leaky pipe or roof.
- Musty Odors: A musty or moldy smell in your home or building may indicate that you have mold growth due to a water leak.
- Wet Spots: Wet spots on your walls or floors are another obvious sign of a water leak. A burst pipe or a leaking appliance could cause these spots.
- Water Meter Change: A sudden change in your water meter reading could indicate a water leak. Check for any noticeable changes in your water usage.
You must act quickly to prevent further damage if you notice any of these signs.
3. Improve Ventilation: Ensure air flows freely through your property to prevent moisture buildup. This is especially important in rooms where humidity is naturally produced, like bathrooms, laundry rooms, and kitchens. Here are a few steps you can take:
- Open Windows: Open windows on opposite sides of your home to allow cross-ventilation, which will help circulate fresh air and remove stale or moist air.
- Use Fans: Ceiling and portable fans can help improve air circulation in your home. In rooms where humidity is naturally produced, such as the bathroom or kitchen, turn on the fan during and after use to help remove excess moisture.
- Install Ventilation Systems: A ventilation system can help regulate humidity levels in your home. A dehumidifier can also be used to remove excess moisture from the air.
- Clean Air Ducts: Dirty air ducts can trap moisture and promote mold growth. Regularly cleaning your air ducts can help prevent this.
- Check Your Attic: Proper roof ventilation is essential to prevent moisture buildup in the attic. Ensure your attic is ventilated correctly by checking to see if any vents are present and not blocked by debris.
- Regular Cleaning: Regularly clean and disinfect areas prone to mold growth, such as bathrooms, kitchens, and basements. When disinfecting areas prone to mold growth, selecting the right product is essential to kill the mold effectively. Bleach is often recommended as a common household disinfectant that can effectively kill most types of mold. However, it's important to note that bleach can be harsh and unsuitable for all surfaces. There are other alternatives to bleach that people with allergies or sensitivities to harsh chemicals may prefer. One option is white vinegar, a natural and non-toxic cleaning agent, and it can effectively kill some types of mold and prevent future growth. Another alternative is hydrogen peroxide, a mild but effective disinfectant, and it can also be used to remove stains left by the mold. Tea tree oil is a natural antifungal agent that can be mixed with water and sprayed on surfaces to prevent mold growth. It's essential always to follow the instructions on the disinfectant product and take appropriate safety measures, such as wearing gloves and ensuring proper ventilation. If the mold growth is extensive or has caused significant damage, it's best to consult a professional mold remediation service for safe and effective removal.
- Professional Inspections: Have a mold inspection every year to detect any potential issues before they become problematic.
What to Know About Texas Mold Remediation Laws
In Texas, mold remediation is a task that only licensed contractors can perform. Each technician on-site must also be a certified mold worker for the state of Texas.
Mold-sized above 25 contiguous square feet must be reported to the state, and additional paperwork and permissions must be obtained to complete the remediation project. Your mold remediation contractor should be an expert in Texas mold law and should guide you every step of the way.
SERVPRO of Amarillo's Mold Remediation Team
If you're dealing with a mold problem in your home or business, choosing the right company for mold remediation is crucial. Regarding mold remediation in Amarillo, TX, and the surrounding area, SERVPRO of Amarillo is the company that stands out from the rest.
SERVPRO of Amarillo is a Texas-licensed mold remediation contractor. We have the most extensive mold-licensed technicians in the Panhandle, and we're ready to help you with any size and type of mold damage.
Our clients have trusted us for years. We have:
1. Certified Professionals: Our team comprises certified mold remediation technicians with the necessary licenses and certifications to comply with Texas state law. We follow strict protocols and industry standards to handle your mold problem effectively and safely.
2. Advanced Equipment: We use the latest and most advanced equipment available in the industry to detect and remove mold. Our team is equipped with state-of-the-art moisture meters, hygrometers, and infrared cameras to help identify the moisture source causing mold growth.
3. Rapid Response: We understand that mold can spread quickly and cause significant damage if left untreated.
4. Comprehensive Services: Our mold remediation services include removing the mold and identifying and addressing the source of the moisture causing the problem. We'll ensure that your property is thoroughly dried and sanitized to prevent future mold growth.
5. Customer Satisfaction: At SERVPRO of Amarillo, we pride ourselves on our commitment to customer satisfaction. We'll work closely with you throughout the mold remediation process to ensure that your needs are met and that you are delighted with the results.
6. Insurance Experts: We work with all major insurance companies and can help you navigate the claims process to ensure you receive the coverage you're entitled to.
If you suspect mold damage in your home or workplace, contact a professional mold remediation contractor immediately to address the issue. Working with a professional mold remediation company like SERVPRO of Amarillo can help to ensure that the mold is safely and effectively removed and the affected areas are restored to their pre-damaged condition.
Contact SERVPRO of Amarillo anytime to set up a mold consultation.
We're Here to Help.
Water Damage Restoration in Amarillo
SERVPRO is the nation's #1 most trusted commercial damage restoration company. Call us for 24-hour water damage restoration.
Amarillo is prone to flash flooding due to its flat terrain. Due to our location in the High Plains of the Panhandle region, our rainfall runoff has little opportunity for absorption, which leads to floods.
Flash flooding can cause a variety of damage, including:
- Business Interruption
- Structural damage to buildings
- Damage to interior fixtures, furniture, and equipment
- Destruction of stored merchandise or products
- Loss of electrical systems due to water damage
- Flooding of basements and underground floors leading to potential mold growth
- Damage from floating debris during flooding
With these risks in mind, it is essential that our Amarillo neighbors are aware of their local flood risks and be prepared with professional water damage restoration services when needed.
Business Interruption after Water Damage
Business interruption disrupts normal operations due to unforeseeable circumstances, such as natural disasters like flash flooding. When businesses experience water damage, it can lead to a significant loss of revenue due to the inability to operate as usual.
The effects of business interruption can be long-lasting, causing damage to a company's reputation and reducing employee morale. In some cases, businesses may have to close their operations permanently, leading to job losses and financial strain on owners.
To mitigate these risks, business owners should have the plan to deal with potential disasters, including water damage restoration services. By having a comprehensive program that includes business interruption insurance and a partnership with a trusted restoration company, businesses can reduce the impact of unforeseeable events and quickly return to normal operations.
Professional water damage restoration services can help businesses to speed up their recovery time and minimize the negative impact of flood damage. It's always a good idea to partner with a local water damage restoration company you can trust to get your business back up and running as quickly as possible.
Choosing the right water damage restoration company is crucial to restoring your property to its pre-flood condition as quickly and efficiently as possible. Here are some essential factors to consider when choosing a water damage restoration company:
1. Certification and Licensing:
The company you choose should be certified and licensed by the appropriate authorities, like the IICRC. Certifications ensure they have the necessary training and experience to handle water damage restoration effectively. While on-the-job training and experience are essential, you want to avoid running the risk of all new technicians training on your damage.
2. Response Time:
In situations involving water damage restoration, time is of the essence. A good restoration company should be able to respond to your emergency within a few hours, ideally less than two. Delaying the response could lead to further damage and pose a risk to your health and safety.
3. Availability of Equipment:
A reputable water damage restoration company should have access to the latest equipment and technology to help them deal with any water damage emergency, including water extraction, dehumidification, and drying. When choosing a water damage restoration company, ask them about quantity and ability. If you have a large commercial property, you must ensure the company you work with has the right amount and capacity equipment to dry it properly.
Water damage restoration can be a complex process, and not all companies have the same level of expertise. Be sure to choose a company with a long proven track record and positive reputation. Many restoration companies are also cleaning companies, so when you look at their public reviews, ensure they are about large water restoration jobs rather than simple cleanings.
You will likely have to file an insurance claim to restore your property after water damage. When choosing the best restoration company, ensure the company has the experience and trained personnel on staff that can and will know how to work with your insurance adjuster to manage your claim. Ask for proof of pre-existing relationships and agreements with major insurance carriers.
Likewise, a reliable water damage restoration company should hold adequate liability and workers' compensation insurance. Insurance coverage protects your property from any damage during the restoration process and ensures that no one has you liable in case of any accidents.
6. Customer Service:
Excellent customer service is paramount when choosing a water damage restoration company. The company should have a team of friendly and knowledgeable professionals who are readily available to assist you at any time, answer any questions you have, and provide regular updates on the progress of the restoration work. Ask your water restoration company to explain their process to you. Their answer should be clear and easy to understand.
Structural Damage to Buildings After Water Damage
Flash flooding can wreak havoc on buildings, resulting in compromised structural integrity. Flooding could lead to significant damage or collapse of the entire structure.
If the building you are in has been damaged by water and you suspect the structural integrity has been compromised, leave the building immediately. A professional water restoration company should be able to work with a structural engineer to assess your building's safety before anyone else enters the building.
Water Damage to Interior Fixtures, Furniture, and Equipment
Floodwaters could get inside a building, causing significant destruction to its interior fixtures, furniture, and equipment. Damaged electrical items should be left alone until a professional restoration company can assess the damage.
Experienced water damage restoration companies can assess the damage to the item and either restore it or work with an insurance adjuster to claim it as lost so that it can be replaced.
Destruction of Stored Merchandise or Products
Retail stores and warehouses could suffer significant losses when their stock gets destroyed during a flood. The loss could be even higher when perishable items such as food and drinks are involved.
A knowledgeable damage restoration company should help you assess what stock is unaffected and help you salvage it by quickly mitigating further damage.
In commercial kitchens floodwaters could seep into commercial kitchens and contaminate the food items prepared there, leading to public health hazards.
Loss of Electrical Systems due to Water Damage
Water conducts electricity, and when it gets into contact with electrical systems, it could cause electrical shorts, leading to the loss of power supply and potential electrical fires.
Only handle affected electrical equipment once a licensed electrician has checked the system.
Flooding of Basements and Potential Mold Growth
Water in basements and underground floors could lead to damp conditions that favor mold growth. Your water restoration company should have a process to complete thorough inspections to verify they know and have a drying plan for every affected part of your property.
Damage from Storm Debris
Flash floods could result in floating debris that can damage structures and harm people. The waste could include tree trunks, rocks, and other heavy objects.
Along with restoring the interior of your property, an experienced restoration company will also be able to clean your exterior and make it possible and safe to enter your building.
Filing a Water Damage Insurance Claim
You will likely seek insurance coverage for potential losses resulting from flood damage.
Filing a water damage insurance claim can be a complex and time-consuming process, but ensuring that you receive adequate compensation for any losses is crucial. With the potential for extensive property damage, it is essential to know how to navigate the claims process to get your business back on track as quickly and efficiently as possible.
To file a successful claim, you need to take specific steps.
First, document the damage by taking pictures and videos of the affected areas. A professional restoration company will be able to do this for you, and they will have software to document and list damaged items professionally and estimate replacement or repair costs. They should notify your insurance company immediately and provide them with all relevant documentation.
While dealing with the claims process, it is essential to remain patient and persistent. The right restoration company will have a dedicated person assigned to help you with this specific task, and they will contact your adjuster nearly daily. This person is responsible for improving your chances of receiving the compensation you deserve and returning to normalcy sooner.
SERVPRO is the #1 Most Trusted Brand
If you're looking for a reliable and experienced water damage restoration company in the Amarillo area, SERVPRO of Amarillo stands out. Here's why:
1. Quick Response Time: In the event of water damage, time is of the essence. The longer you wait to address the problem, the more extensive the damage becomes. SERVPRO of Amarillo has a 24/7 emergency response team that can quickly arrive at your location and begin the restoration process ASAP. We come with trained technicians and professional equipment, ready to work.
2. Experienced and Trained Professionals: Our team comprises highly skilled and experienced technicians trained to handle any water damage situation. Our team is IICRC certified, and each technician graduated from SERVPRO University. SERVPRO of Amarillo uses state-of-the-art equipment and techniques to restore your property to its pre-damaged state effectively. We have thousands of pieces of equipment to handle any size of water damage. SERVPRO has over 50 years of experience, and SERVPRO of Amarillo is owned and operated by one of the longest-tenured franchisees in the nation.
3. Comprehensive Services: Besides water damage restoration, SERVPRO of Amarillo offers services to help restore your property to normal after a disaster. These services include construction services, mold remediation, fire damage restoration, and more. Our office also offers free disaster planning, where we visit our client's properties and pre-plan a restoration guide to help avoid business interruption. We are a licensed Texas Mold Remediation Contractor with the most mold-certified staff in the Panhandle.
4. Insurance Assistance: Dealing with insurance companies can be a hassle during a water damage emergency. Our team can work directly with your insurance provider to help expedite the claims process and ensure you receive the compensation you are entitled to. Each of our customers is assigned a dedicated Project Coordinator to process our client's insurance claims and work with insurance adjusters to restore properties to preloss condition.
5. Customer Satisfaction: At SERVPRO of Amarillo, we are committed to customer satisfaction. We strive to make the restoration process as stress-free as possible for our clients and work hard to ensure they are delighted with our work.
Choose SERVPRO of Amarillo for reliable and effective restoration services that other Amarillo business owners also trust.
We're Here to Help.
Pet Shelter Supply Drive 2022
Donations will be accepted from November 14 until December 16, 2022.
SERVPRO of Amarillo is asking our neighbors to help us collect used items for homeless shelter pets for the 2022 winter season.
Donations will be accepted from November 14 until December 16, 2022.
When people think about donating to shelters, they think about food and toys. But what about the other items that shelters need to keep their furry residents safe and comfortable?
This winter, also consider donating used blankets, towels, and kennels. Our technicians will sanitize everything donated and then deliver them to needy pet shelters.
As you get out blankets for winter, set some aside for our town's homeless pet shelters.
Accepted Donation Items
- Blankets and Towels of any size, color, or material. Bulky items are welcome! Blankets and towels can be used to line kennels and provide extra warmth for animals that are still outdoors. They can also be used to dry off wet animals after they've been bathed.
- Kennels are essential for keeping animals safe and comfortable at shelters. They provide a space for animals to rest and relax and help keep the shelter clean.
- Unopened Pet Food, wet or dry, bagged or canned for cats or dogs.
By donating items that shelters need this winter, you'll be helping to keep homeless pets safe and comfortable.
Drop-Off Partner Locations
Drop off your donations at any of our partner locations around Amarillo.
SERVPRO of Amarillo
1301 SW 8th Ave, Amarillo, TX 79101
Monday - Friday 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Diamond in the Ruff
2617 Wolflin Ave, Amarillo, TX 79109
Tuesday - Saturday 7:30 AM - 5:30 PM
2500 SW 6th Ave, Amarillo, TX 79106
Monday - Thursday 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Yellow City Pet Supply
7710 Hillside Rd #200, Amarillo, TX 79119
Monday - Friday 9:00 AM - 9:0-0 PM
Saturday 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
10850 I-40 Frontage Rd, Amarillo, TX 79124
Monday - Friday 12:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Animal Medical Center
6201 W Amarillo Blvd, Amarillo, TX 79106
Monday - Thursday 7:30 AM - 7:00 PM
Friday 7:30 AM - 6:00 PM
Saturday 8:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Coronado Pet Shoppe
2646 SW 34th Ave, Amarillo, TX 79109
Monday - Saturday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
4719 S Western St, Amarillo, TX 79109
Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Wild West Wildlife Center
Precious Pets Boarding
Hope Vet Clinic
Donations will be Washed and Sanitized
All donations will be professionally washed and sanitized by SERVPRO of Amarillo technicians. Bulk items are welcome!
Ready to donate?
Donations will be accepted from November 14 until December 16, 2022.
If you have any blankets, towels, or kennels that you no longer need, please consider donating them. It's a small act of kindness that can make a big difference in the lives of homeless pets.
Request Complimentary Graffiti Removal
Request Complimentary Graffiti Removal
SERVPRO of Amarillo Offers Complimentary Graffiti Removal
SERVPRO of Amarillo is excited to announce that are offering complimentary city beautification services through our community involvement program, SERV Amarillo.
SERV Amarillo provides complimentary graffiti removal, including:
- Spray Paint/Tagging
- Bird Droppings
- Other Defacements
Defacements will be cleaned, not covered, and care will be made to avoid removing art installments.
SERVPRO of Amarillo
SERV Amarillo services will be completed by SERVPRO of Amarillo, an independent and family-owned and operated business with over 35 years of experience in cleaning, restoration, and construction.
In April of 2022, SERVPRO of Amarillo was been formally acknowledged by the Potter County Commissioners Court and granted permission to remove spray-painted vandalism at no cost to the County or the City of Amarillo.
We’ve also partnered with Center City of Amarillo to assist them with Downtown revitalization efforts.
Request a Cleaning Today
Do you know of graffiti that needs to be removed? We welcome anyone to fill out a request form today.
Scan the QR code on this page and complete our service request form.
We can also be contacted by calling (806) 331-4555 or emailing email@example.com.
SERVPRO Removes Unseen Damages after a Fire
Fires can cause a devastating amount of property damage in a short period.
After the flames have been put out and you are left to assess the damage, you may be wondering if anything is salvable. Smoke leaves behind noxious odors, soot blackens surfaces and may contain toxins, and water can result in mold growth.
Getting back to normal after a devastating house fire is a top priority. SERVPRO is a trusted company in Amarillo with specialized Amarillo fire damage restoration services. We want to let you know how our team of experts removes unseen damages after a fire.
Common Causes of Residential Fires
Fire in a home can happen for several reasons. Here are some common causes of fires in Texas:
- Cooking fires in unattended kitchens
- Electric short circuits due to overloading of sockets or faulty wiring
- Keeping flammable items like paint close to heat sources
- Leaving candles unattended
- Disposing of cigarettes while they are fully put out
Types of Fire Damage SERVPRO Removes
Soot, smoke, and water damage are significant concerns after a fire. Soot stains upholstery, carpeting, walls, brickwork, and other belongings. Also, the smoke odor remains a long time after the fire department has left. It can also contain poisonous chemicals. And water damage can cause irreparable damage to photographs, upholstery, and important documents.
SERVPRO uses specialized equipment to remove water used to extinguish house fires. After that, we use air movers, dehumidifiers, and heating elements to dry the property. This step also prevents mold and mildew growth.
Smoke damage cleanup is an essential step in the fire restoration process and should not be skipped. Soot damage often coincides with smoke damage and should be removed by an experienced fabric cleaning technician, if possible. SERVPRO removes smoke damage by cleaning surfaces, fabric, and upholstery. In some cases, it may be necessary to replace your home items or elements like furniture, drywall, and flooring.
Fires can cause a devastating amount of property damage in a short period. The extent of this damage depends on the fire type and location and speed of emergency response teams.
SERVPRO Fire Restoration Process
What can you expect from SERVPRO’s fire restoration services in Amarillo? This is what our team will do:
- Our specialists conduct a thorough inspection and evaluation to create an action plan.
- If necessary, attach tarps to damaged roofs to prevent further water damage.
- Use equipment to dry and dehumidify all rooms.
- Then, we will use special equipment and technology to remove smoke and soot from walls.
- Clean and sanitize all recoverable structures and items to restore them to their pre-fire condition.
- Then our recovery and restoration services care for minor repairs such as drywall replacement, painting, and new carpet installation. If necessary, we also undertake major repairs, like remodeling different rooms of your home or commercial building.
SERVPRO of Amarillo is Here to Help
If you are looking for an experienced fire or flood repair professional or need assistance with a plumbing emergency for your home, please contact SERVPRO to learn about our Amarillo fire damage restoration services.
We’re available 24/7 at (806) 331-4555.
When Should You Call a Water Restoration Company?
Amarillo water damage restoration professionals can restore your items that have been damaged, besides removing the smoke smell and soot.
Most people do not think about water damage in their house until the walls get moldy or water marks appear on the ceiling. However, it is vitally important to know when to call a water restoration company.
Bottom line, you should do it as soon as you notice signs of water damage. There could already be extensive unseen damage behind walls or under floors that require expensive repairs for damage that could have been prevented if detected early.
When Should You Call a Water Restoration Company?
There is a wide range of potentially hazardous situations that may require assistance from a trusted restoration team. For example, your home could suffer damage in a disaster like a flood, storm, or burst pipe. Or you may want to put your home on the market and remove signs of water damage.
Unsure if it is the right time to make a call? Suppose you notice severe problems in your house or experience a water event. In that case, you should always call a disaster restoration company.
Call a water restoration company after a major storm
Severe weather conditions like floods can result in adverse damages to your home. Small water leaks can grow into big problems, particularly mold growth if left unattended. Whenever you experience such a scenario, call your restoration company immediately as a preventative measure.
Call SERVPRO of Amarillo for water damage restoration
Water damage can cause a range of severe issues in your home. For example, many building materials act like sponges, soaking up enough water in minutes, taking weeks to dry out. As a result, harmful moisture levels can reach the building’s innermost structure, causing destruction, mold growth, and fungi.
The longer you wait to call a restoration company, the pricier the problem becomes for you and your family to fix.
Call water restoration experts after a fire
Fire can be devastating as it can destroy your property. You usually end up losing valuable items and memories. In addition, soot damaged walls and other things that the flames didn’t touch.
Professionals can restore damaged belongings and remove all traces of soot and the smell of smoke.
When selling or buying a new home
Before selling, homeowners who want to sell their homes should check for significant water damage issues. It is also advisable for homebuyers to call a local restoration company to inspect the property before buying it thoroughly.
Advantages of Calling a Disaster Restoration Company
The most significant advantage of calling a disaster restoration company is that you can avoid potentially expensive repairs down the road. In addition, a team of water damage restoration experts can sanitize contaminated surfaces, avoid mold growth, and salvage many items that may appear destroyed.
SERVPRO of Amarillo is Here to Help
If you want to restore your home after a disaster, worry no more. Whether the house damage is partial or the entire house, you can count on the services of SERVPRO of Amarillo.
Amarillo water damage restoration professionals can restore your items that have been damaged, besides removing the smoke smell and soot.
Call us anytime day or night at (806) 331-4555.