Can SERVPRO Repair Fire-Damaged Bricks?
Have you experienced a fire catastrophe in Amarillo? Soot and smoke can be hard to tackle, especially when the black stains have been left untreated for a long time. In addition, the acidic nature of soot and the stench of smoke can make fire-damaged brickwork challenging to restore. You may be wondering if SERVPRO can repair fire damaged bricks. Keep reading to learn about SERVPRO’s Amarillo fire damage restoration services.
What to Do After a Fire
It is vitally important to act fast after a fire to prevent secondary fire damage problems. For example, the quicker you remove soot and smoke from bricks damaged in the fire, the faster your home gets back to normal.
Here are some helpful tips on what to do after a fire:
- Seek a professional clean-up company immediately. A qualified fire restoration company can restore your house to its former glory.
- Be cautious when re-entering your home before clean-up by wearing protective gear.
- Properly ventilate your home to ensure circulation of air freely.
- Use a professional restoration service to dry the property’s interior, neutralize the soot, and clean fire-damaged bricks.
Types of Fire Damage Affecting Bricks
After extinguishing the fire and the building cools down, a thorough inspection may reveal visual cracks, misalignments, deflections, and distortions.
Damage in mortar joints
Although bricks don’t burn in a fire, the extreme temperatures can affect mortar joints, causing brick structures to become unstable.
Extreme temperatures can cause bricks to crack, affecting the structural integrity of a building. SERVPRO will assess the damage to see if it’s possible to repair damaged bricks or if it’s necessary to replace them.
Steel Reinforcement Exposure
Exposed steel reinforcements could result in loss of strength because of quenched steel resulting in load-bearing capacity.
How SERVPRO Repairs Fire-Damaged Bricks
After a house fire or commercial building fire, a thorough inspection of the structure is vital. Fire can damage bricks and cause cracks in places you cannot see. SERVPRO has expertise in cleaning bricks to remove soot and smoke damage. However, we can also repair bricks damaged in a fire.
Here is what we do:
- The first step is to clean blackened bricks. This not only removes the harmful effects of smoke and black acidic soot, but it allows us to inspect brickwork.
- Next, our team of experts identifies bricks that are cracked or loose in the wall or building facade.
- If the building’s structure is intact, we will remove damaged bricks if it’s safe to do so.
- The next step involves chiseling out the old mortar and cleaning the area for new bricks.
- We then insert new bricks into the space and cure the mortar to ensure it sets and binds well with the surrounding brickwork.
SERVPRO of Amarillo is Here to Help
If you need a qualified fire restoration company in your area, contact SERVPRO for our Amarillo fire damage restoration services. We are the region’s fire restoration experts. You can trust us to repair or replace any damaged bricks in your home.
We have years of experience and expertise in any type of restoration service, and our customers have come to rely on us for high-quality work at a fair price. Call us anytime day or night at (806) 331-4555.