SERVPRO Removes Unseen Damages after a Fire
After the flames have been put out and you are left to assess the damage, you may be wondering if anything is salvable. Smoke leaves behind noxious odors, soot blackens surfaces and may contain toxins, and water can result in mold growth.
Getting back to normal after a devastating house fire is a top priority. SERVPRO is a trusted company in Amarillo with specialized Amarillo fire damage restoration services. We want to let you know how our team of experts removes unseen damages after a fire.
Common Causes of Residential Fires
Fire in a home can happen for several reasons. Here are some common causes of fires in Texas:
- Cooking fires in unattended kitchens
- Electric short circuits due to overloading of sockets or faulty wiring
- Keeping flammable items like paint close to heat sources
- Leaving candles unattended
- Disposing of cigarettes while they are fully put out
Types of Fire Damage SERVPRO Removes
Soot, smoke, and water damage are significant concerns after a fire. Soot stains upholstery, carpeting, walls, brickwork, and other belongings. Also, the smoke odor remains a long time after the fire department has left. It can also contain poisonous chemicals. And water damage can cause irreparable damage to photographs, upholstery, and important documents.
SERVPRO uses specialized equipment to remove water used to extinguish house fires. After that, we use air movers, dehumidifiers, and heating elements to dry the property. This step also prevents mold and mildew growth.
Smoke damage cleanup is an essential step in the fire restoration process and should not be skipped. Soot damage often coincides with smoke damage and should be removed by an experienced fabric cleaning technician, if possible. SERVPRO removes smoke damage by cleaning surfaces, fabric, and upholstery. In some cases, it may be necessary to replace your home items or elements like furniture, drywall, and flooring.
Fires can cause a devastating amount of property damage in a short period. The extent of this damage depends on the fire type and location and speed of emergency response teams.
SERVPRO Fire Restoration Process
What can you expect from SERVPRO’s fire restoration services in Amarillo? This is what our team will do:
- Our specialists conduct a thorough inspection and evaluation to create an action plan.
- If necessary, attach tarps to damaged roofs to prevent further water damage.
- Use equipment to dry and dehumidify all rooms.
- Then, we will use special equipment and technology to remove smoke and soot from walls.
- Clean and sanitize all recoverable structures and items to restore them to their pre-fire condition.
- Then our recovery and restoration services care for minor repairs such as drywall replacement, painting, and new carpet installation. If necessary, we also undertake major repairs, like remodeling different rooms of your home or commercial building.
SERVPRO of Amarillo is Here to Help
If you are looking for an experienced fire or flood repair professional or need assistance with a plumbing emergency for your home, please contact SERVPRO to learn about our Amarillo fire damage restoration services.
We’re available 24/7 at (806) 331-4555.