Season Change Fridge Deep Clean Part 2
Cleaning the coils of your refrigerator keeps it running smoothly and efficiently! Here’s how:
- Unplug the unit, the process is quick so your cold foods will keep just fine since you won’t need to open the doors.
- The coils are usually at the base of the fridge in front, behind a toe-grill that snaps off. If your fridge doesn’t have one, the coils will be on the back of the refrigerator. Condenser coils are metal tubes, wound in a U-shaped grid pattern. You might have to move the fridge away from the wall.
- Use a flashlight to help you see the coils if they’re under the fridge and vacuum along the inside.
- Brush away the dust with a coil condenser brush, or any long slender brush. Work it back and forth to loosen the dust and twist it to get into the corners and tight spots. It’s best to keep the vacuum running as you brush.
- Vacuum any errant dust that might have gotten on the floor. Replace the toe-grill (it should snap on easily) and push the fridge back in place if necessary. Plug the refrigerator back in. All Done!!