Amarillo, TX Mold Damage Remediation
Amarillo Mold Removal
You may see obvious signs of mold growth in your property, but other times the signs of mold may be more subtle, like smelling something musty or sweet.
If you see or suspect mold, call the mold removal specialists of SERVPRO of Amarillo. We'll provide a mold inspection, which includes:
- Examination of common mold growth areas: cabinets under sinks, air ducts, areas with running water sources, and more.
- Sophisticated cameras help us detect moisture behind walls without the mess of demolition.
- Inspect previous water-damaged areas.
- Attic check for roof leaks.
Complimentary Mold Remediation Estimate
If mold is visible or we find growth during our inspection, we'll provide you with a complimentary estimate. Advice and guidance are also free. After all, we're Here to Help.
We've helped restore thousands of properties in our 35-years of experience. We can help you, too.
Contact us today to set up your mold inspection appointment.
Safe Mold Cleanup in Amarillo
We're a Texas Licensed Mold Remediation Contractor, and we understand and follow the mold removal protocols created to keep you safe.
- HEPA Air Filtration - scrubs the air to help catch errant spores
- Containment - helps stop mold spores from spreading
Full-Service Mold Remediation
We can remediate mold from:
- All structures of your property, including air ducts
- Clothing and Textiles
- All types of contents, like toys and collectibles
Your property may need demolition and reconstruction to complete the remediation process when the infestation is severe.
SERVPRO of Amarillo
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Mold Remediation Technicians
- Specialized Mold Remediation Equipment
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (806) 331-4555
Microscopic mold spores exist almost everywhere, outdoors and indoors, making it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or on a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens, irritants, and toxins.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Faster to Any Size Emergency
In as little as 48 hours, a minor mold issue can quickly spread through a home or business. Once you contact us, we’re dedicated to starting the remediation process quickly. This fast response lessens the mold damage, limits additional damage, and reduces the remediation cost.
Locally Owned, with National Resources
We are proud to be an active member of this community. SERVPRO of Amarillo is locally owned and operated, so we’re already nearby and ready to help Amarillo residents and business owners with any size mold contamination.
We proudly serve Amarillo, TX, and surrounding areas.
Highly Trained Water and Mold Restoration Specialists
As water and mold damage specialists, we have the experience, the expertise, and the advanced training that enables us to get your property restored quickly and thoroughly. Learn about our water and mold training and certificates.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our “typical” process:
Step 1: Emergency Contact - (806) 331-4555
We’re available 24 hours, 7 days a week to answer your phone call. Our consultant will guide you through this process, asking questions that will allow us to better understand your situation and to determine the needed equipment and personnel.
Step 2: Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
We carefully inspect your property for visible signs of mold. Mold feeds on cellulose and water and can be hidden from plain view. We use various technologies to detect mold and hidden water sources.
Step 3: Mold Containment
Our professionals use various containment procedures to prevent the spread of mold. We may use advanced containment procedures like negative air chambers to isolate the contaminated area with physical barriers and negative air pressure to keep the mold spores from spreading during the cleanup process. All fans and heating and cooling systems will be turned off to prevent the spread of mold.
Step 4: Air Filtration
Our specialized filtration equipment allows our professionals to capture microscopic mold spores out of the air. We utilize powerful “air scrubbers” and HEPA vacuums to prevent the spread of these mold spores while the mold remediation is in process.
Step 5: Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
Depending on the amount of mold growth and the types of surfaces involved, the mold remediation process can vary significantly. In general, we’ll use antifungal and antimicrobial treatments to eliminate mold colonies and to help prevent new colonies from forming. Depending on the severity of the infestation, we may need to remove drywall, carpeting, and other porous materials.
Step 6: Cleaning Contents and Sanitizing
SERVPRO of Amarillo will use a variety of cleaning techniques and products to clean your furnishings and personal belongings. Since mold infestations also cause a persistent musty odor, our professionals are also trained to remove odors and provide deodorization using fogging equipment.
Step 7: Restoration
During the remediation process, it’s often necessary to remove porous building materials like subfloors, drywall, and carpet. The restoration step returns your Amarillo, TX home or business back to normal. Depending on the severity of mold damage, the restoration step may involve minor repairs, such as replacing drywall, or it may involve a substantial reconstruction project.
SERVPRO knows Mold
Here at SERVPRO of Amarillo we understand what it takes to properly remediate a mold situation in Amarillo, TX. Encountering mold can be worrisome for any homeowner, but SERVPRO is here to put your mind at ease. We have the right tools and trained professionals to get the job done right. Give us a call at (806) 331-4555 and we will be on our way to help.